- Family Law 100%
Attorney Wons and her staff provide quality legal services at reasonable rates. We are experienced in conflict resolution, including mediation and collaborative law. For situations where alternative dispute resolution is impossible, we are prepared to tirelessly advocate on your behalf, including at the appellate level.
Attorney Wons has built a solid foundation of insight and skill in the domestic relations field, having worked as an Associate Attorney at several small law firms specializing in Family Law, and as a Legal Intern for the Honorable Justice Spencer Kagan at the Middlesex Probate & Family Court in Cambridge.
As a member of the Worcester Collaborative Law Group, Leila encourages couples to explore less litigious approaches to resolving their domestic relations matters, including mediation and collaborative law. While these options are not the right fit in every situation, Attorney Wons is ready to discuss same with interested parties and provide them with the information necessary to make an informed decision as to how they would like to move forward in achieving resolution.
When it comes to custody cases, Attorney Wons emphasizes doing what is best for the child. She stresses the importance of working with clients to help them make the most informed decisions possible in regards to the welfare of their children. Leila firmly believes that with proper guidance and information, parents can put their contested divorce or paternity issues behind them and reach positive resolutions regarding the parenting of their children. However, in the event that litigation is the only option available, Attorney Wons is prepared to litigate zealously for her clients, including work at the appellate level, if necessary.
Having conducted in-depth legal research into Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender rights, Attorney Wons is especially interested and passionate in working with same-sex couples in their domestic relations matters. She understands the emotional impact of divorce on a family, but is particularly sensitive to the financial hurdles that same-sex couples face.
Attorney Wons also has a special interest in protecting the rights of children. As a state-certified Guardian Ad Litem, she provides a range of services in cases that require GAL involvement.
Attorney Wons obtained her B.A. from Wellesley College. She was a Merit Scholar from Northeastern University School of Law and is an active member of the Worcester County Bar Association, the Massachusetts Bar Association, and the Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association.
- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- Honors: Merit Scholar
- Wellesley College, Wellesley, Massachusetts
- Major: French and Italian Studies
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star List
- The National Advocates: Top 40 under 40
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys: Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under Age 40
- Lawyer of the Day, Worcester County Probate and Family Court
- ARC counsel for Worcester County Probate and Family Court
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Worcester County Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council, Member, Present
- Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation, Member, Present
- American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators, Founding Member, Present
- Women's Bar Association, Member, Present